Fontainebleau Guided Tour
Private guided Tour to Fontainebleau (around 80 kms-50 miles from Paris) with a licensed guide-driver by deluxe minivan, including skip the line tickets and live commentaries.
- Every Day Except Thursdays
- Pick-up/Drop-off at your residence
- If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.
- 100% free cancellation at least 1 week before the tour day
This 5 hours guided tour of Fontainebleau will allow you to discover “The true home of kings, the house of ages” (Napoleon in Saint Helena, August 1816).
The first references to the Château de Fontainebleau date back to the 12th century.
Since then, all the kings of France have lived in the palace, and have continuously enlarged and embellished it. It is a unique example of a royal residence, loved and cherished for over eight centuries.
French, Art, Architecture History
With over 1500 rooms at the heart of 130 acres of parkland and gardens, Fontainebleau is the only royal and imperial château to have been continuously inhabited for seven centuries.
A visit to Fontainebleau opens up an unparalleled view of French history, art history and architecture.
Fontainebleau was one of the major artistic centers of 16th-century Europe.
The Renaissance Rooms, unique in France, have retained their stunning fresco and stucco décor created by the Italian artists Rosso and Primaticcio under the reigns of Francis I and Henri II.
Fontainebleau is also famous as the favorite residence of Napoleon I. With the help of your guide you will discover Napoleon I’s interior apartments began in 1804.
Comprised of a series of rooms for the Emperor’s private use (bedchamber, office, private drawing room, bathroom, aide-de-camp’s common room and antechamber).
From here, Napoleon I abdicated on 6 April 1814. He made his famous farewell speech to the soldiers of the Old Guard on the Court of Honor, situated in front of the famous Horseshoe Staircase of Fontainebleau Palace.
You will have time for a promenade in 4 different styles gardens.
- In cause of upgrade, some rooms are closed.
- The Napoleon I museum is closed from May, 22th 2017 to February 10th 2018 included.
- A part of the visiting itinerary is closed from October 9th to December 22th 2017.
- The Chinese museum will be closed from 6 to 10 November, and from 13 to 15 November included.
After this fabulous visit, your guide-driver will take you back to Paris and drop you off at your residence.
Extra charge for a pick up and/or a drop off outside Paris.
Francois I’s Gallery, State Apartments, Private Apartments, Museum of Napoleon I etc.
Guided Tour of the Palace
4 Different Styles Gardens